Thursday, May 30, 2013

My Easy, Easy Chicken Spaghetti

I work a job all day and it takes me about 45 minutes to get home.  It's a little hard sometimes to get a meal on the table before it is time to go to bed.  One night the hubs wanted chicken spaghetti.  I use my sisters recipe that has cream of mushroom soup, cream of celery soup so on..  Well I was tired and not paying attention to what I was doing and messed up.  I forgot my soups.  I had it in the casserole and in the oven before I remembered it and it was to late.  When the hubs took a bite he looked at me and said " I like your mess ups!"  This is the way I make it all the time now.  If you have a store that has gluten free roasted chickens, by all means use that.  I like to cook a little extra if I am stewing or baking chicken and put it in the freezer to have on hand.  If you do, just skip the stewing step and cook your spaghetti in a pot of water and chicken broth.

My Easy, Easy Chicken Spaghetti
1 3-4 lb chicken, cut into pieces
1 teaspoon salt
1\2 teaspoon pepper
1 lb gluten free spaghetti
1 can tomatoes’ with green chili’s
1 ½ lb Velveeta, cubed
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese – divided

In a large stock pot over low heat cook chicken, salt and pepper until done; around 1 hour.  Remove chicken and let cool.   In the same pot that the chicken was cooked bring liquid to a boil.  When boiling cook spaghetti until done.  When cool remove bones and skin and cut into bite size pieces.  In the hot spaghetti mix in the Velveeta and stir until melted.  Add 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese and mix.  Put mixture into a 9 x 13 baking dish and sprinkle remaining cheese on top.  Bake at 350 F. for 30 minutes or until top is lightly browned and bubbly.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a question or comment??? Let me know here! Thanks, Linda