Thursday, May 30, 2013

Cheddar Cheese Cornbread

I have a hand written recipe that was passed down from my grandmother to my Mom to me.  It is for the best Mexican Cornbread you can ever imagine. Being gluten free has denied me the possibility of eating it ever again.  I came up with this.  It's really good and very close to my family's recipe.  It made this gluten free girl happy!  I made it the other day for my nephew, who doesn't like cornbread, and he said it was wonderful!

Cheddar Cheese Cornbread
1 cup GF Corn Meal
½ cup GF all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
¾ teaspoon xanthan gum
1 egg
1 can green chilies
½ cup cheddar cheese
¾ cup milk

Mix ingredients together.  Place into greased 8 inch baking pan or into an 8 inch cast iron skillet that has been heated.  Bake at 400 degrees for 35 minutes or until firm to the touch.  If it’s not brown enough for you place under broiler watching until browned on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a question or comment??? Let me know here! Thanks, Linda